We’re currently working on a new christening gown, bonnet and shoes using a wedding gown that has rows of clear beading on it. We like to use these on baby’s gown and hand sew them on by hand. We’ve “borrowed” the idea from another gown of placing several small beads on the covered buttons to add a little glam. We’ve also created little flowers for the custom shoes using the large and small beads.

 

Powered by WPeMatico

2014 has begun! This look was created, along with matching shoes with date embroidered on the bottom, an embroidered bib with terry cloth backing and to keep Victoria warm, a curly minky jacket lined with mom’s gown. The gown was designed with ties in the back to ensure a good fit, although when we tried it on her, it fit perfectly! Mom was thrilled that the dress followed the design of her gown. We can’t wait for pics of Victoria from her special day.

 

Powered by WPeMatico

Pictures of baby Olivia in her “one of a kind” christening creation. Our thanks to mom for sending us pics of her little cutie. There was another family in the church who were impressed by her gown and asked where she got it and mom passed on our information. Thanks Jacqui!

 

Powered by WPeMatico

We began this creation using mom’s beaded, appliqued and ruched wedding gown. The over layer was dupioni silk and the under layer was bridal satin.

 
The straps were given to mom by her mom so she wanted them to be used in some way in the gown or bonnet. We used the beaded bodice to make the bodice of the babie’s gown. We decided it would be best on the bonnet.
 
 
 
Mom also decided she’d like a bib, in which we used the underlayer of satin, embroidered a cross with silver and edged it all with silver binding.
 

 

Powered by WPeMatico

Finleigh’s mom sent her gown to us from VA. She sent along pictures of christening outfits she had seen and liked. She wanted a dress that would be suitable for a boy, if she had one down the road. That helps with our creative process. She also requested the dress be made a little bigger and place ties in the back so it could be pulled in. We also tried out a new style of bonnet, one with ribbon in the back so that too, could be adjusted. We love adding ideas to our collections! We also loved the pictures mom sent us of Finleigh…such a cutie! We were also promised a pic of her in her new christening outfit. Thanks Nicole and we’re happy you’re part of our family now.

 


Powered by WPeMatico

Joelle’s gown came to us via her mom, who lives in NJ. It was a soft chiffon covered satin, ruched on the side with appliques that seemed to be cemented on! We used the same ruching on the bonnet and were able to remove some of the applique for the bonnet. Joelle wanted to be able to use the gown for a boy possibly down the road so we kept it fairly simple but also made a boy’s bonnet so that we could “glam up” the girl’s bonnet. Grandma picked up the gown yesterday. We sure hope Mom is as happy as Grandma was!

 
 

                         

Powered by WPeMatico

Our newest customer wanted us to use her favorite parts of her wedding gown in a christening gown for her daughter, the lacy scalloped bottom and the satin pleated knotted ribbon at the bodice. Most of our customers prefer the longer gown, but Diane preferred a shorter gown, similar to one she wore as a baby. We used the scalloped bottom on the bottom of the dress and also to dress up the bonnet. We took the ribbon off and pared it down to fit the tiny bodice of the christening gown. While we love what we do, our favorite part is the hug bonus at the end! Promised pics of Emily in her gown and hat to come, so here’s our pics of the before and after gowns.

Powered by WPeMatico

Our newest creation was picked up today by mom & dad. Mom’s gown came to us with quite a bit of stains on the bottom from dragging around on the ground. Also, the dress was stepped on and the hem came out. We were able to work our magic by finding the least stained areas to cut out baby’s dress. Sometimes the length of the dress changes depending on what our customer wants or how badly stained the dress is but we were able to do the traditional long dress. We used the smaller beading and hand stitched it on the edge of the sleeves and used one band of them on the bonnet. We took just a small amount of the beaded trim work to put on the bodice and place a small decorative touch on the bonnet just to pull it all together.


Powered by WPeMatico